4S factory unlocked from Apple

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by phon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. phon, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

phon macrumors regular

Planning to buy a white 4s 64gb factory unlocked.

Should I or just wait for a jailbreak and unlock solution? :p

If I do decide later go to Sprint, then this 4s factory unlocked will not work :(

Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, its factory unlocked for any GSM network.
    Not CDMA such as Sprint or Verizon.

3. TC25 macrumors 68020

1. There's no such device as an iPhone4gs.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by the 'stick out tongue' icon, but if you want an unlocked phone, by it factory unlocked. This question gets asked so much the answer should be a forum sticky.

3. I thought all iPhone4s CDMA phones also had the GSM sim slot. Maybe not.

4. Like every cell phone purchase, buy the phone for the network that best serves where you spend most of your time and where you get the best signal.

5. If all local networks are the same, the next deciding factor should be if you want to use it overseas. If so, get GSM.

4. phon thread starter macrumors regular

1. typo. if you could taken easier when asking such of question, I do certainly would greatly appreciate.

2. If you find it was annoyed, then please ignore all my posts. Thank you !!!

3. :)

4. It's going to be a Christmas present to one of my relative. Therefore, unsure how it works for them.

5. Much appreciate !!!

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

this is from Apples site I think it answers it all.. Sometimes looking there is the easiest way to get info.

The unlocked iPhone works only on supported GSM networks, such as AT&T in the U.S. When you travel internationally, you can also use a micro-SIM card from a local GSM carrier. The unlocked iPhone will not work with CDMA carriers such as Verizon Wireless or Sprint

6. phon thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much for your input!

Ouch! $909 ! I ordered from Apple online 5' ago.
    This is going to a girl with a master nursing degree. What a spoiled! :p

I repped you and Applejuiced (just learned from other fellow here). (Applejuice is too sweet, that much of sugar can kill me :p )

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

There is a thread in this forum showing you on how to activate this factory unlock phone with T-Mobile. If you follow it correctly, it works flawless including MMS.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I would like to read that thread.
    I looked back about 3 pages looking for it with out seeing it.
    Any clues :)

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

10. dhlizard, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

11. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

I bought my iPhone 4 factory unlocked and I'm truly happy with that decision. I was tired of always running around trying to get it unlocked using exploits. This way I only have to be concerned with Jailbreak not preserving basebands and such.

12. phon thread starter macrumors regular

She the one must be, I am not :p (she Texts over 2000 messages per month :rolleyes: )
    Going to be a very secret present even this is the least expensive Christmas comparing with the previous one :rolleyes:
    I know she will jump and say more than 10 times that oh my gosh...my gosh....it is my White Iphone 4S.........and what...what....it is Unlocked.....:apple:

Thank you so much, CrystalRx! (drugs with Crystal? Is it meant anything?....such heroin, cocaine or something in that family :p:p:p

Repped

----------

I am not tired for that but to the girl with like music and phone talking, it is better safe to get her factory unlocked.