4s Freezing after doing anything

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by derrick2005, Apr 27, 2012.

1. derrick2005 macrumors regular

Hi,

I have the 4S, running on 5.01 with the Absinthe Jailbreak.

As of this morning anytime I make a call on the phone, once I hang up the phone freezes. The phone stays black for a while and I wait it out, it will take me to the main screen but no buttons work. If I use Siri once it ends the phone freezes and the same as above. The only way to get it back is to do the reset of hoding the top and home button till I see the apple. I do not get the phone crashed message.

I haven't installed anything new on the phone from Itunes or Cydia for a couple of weeks and this problem has only started as of this morning.

Any ideas?

2. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

if hard resets are not working looks like you are in for a restore

3. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

Yikes - I was hoping for a way to avoid a restore, it means losing the jb!

Any clue why this would happen out of the blue? No new installs..

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Which package(s) did you install after jailbreak?

Try to un-install one by one until you fix the issue. I have a jailbroken 4S with 5.0.1 and I have no issue at all

5. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

I installed the jailbreak the day it came out and have been using it since then, haven't installed new packages for at least 2 months. Havent installed any new apps from itunes or cydia for around 2 weeks...

----------

finger crossed, seems to be ok now. Will be annoying having to reinput the wifi passwords but if its saved the jb i will be happy