4s In Store Purchase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Willie5566, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Just curious to see if anyone has had any luck buying a 4s in store lately. My wife is due for an upgrade and thinking about going this weekend but not sure of what are chances are of finding one. I see Apple is saying it ships in 1-2 weeks which is not that bad.

2. PacketPaul macrumors newbie

I walked in the Apple Store the day after the release date (Saturday) and was able to purchase no problem.

3. forcetactic macrumors 6502

Apple store only allows reservations now I think so you'd have to reserve one between 9pm-12pm and pick it up the next day.

4. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

most of the stores in Oregon is out of stock. we have three apple stores...

5. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

This would be good but from what I have heard the initial shipment was large. Since then it sounds like AT & T and Verizon stores have not had another shipment.

This would be awesome but seems too easy. Do you know for sure that they are getting shipments everyday? I have tried to call two of their stores and all I get are busy signals. I may have to go to a store and see if they are getting shipments with any regularity.

UNLESS, of course, someone on mac rumors has been to a store lately and knows the answer already. :D

6. forcetactic macrumors 6502

They update daily at 9PM so you can ONLY get a reservation if they have stock.

7. julianbdavis macrumors member

julianbdavis

Sacramento Arden Fair Apple Store is sold out. I'll be checking again online at 9pm sharp and trying to reserve a 16GB black AT&T model. Even if I can't get it until next week it's better than waiting until mid November when my original mail order was going to arrive.

8. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

I am curious about this. Do you mean 9am? I imagine the stores are closing at 9pm. Can I go online at night and see if they have any in stock?

I know with iPad 2 my local store started getting shipments pretty much daily a month or two after the release. They never knew what they were getting (how many, memory, color, etc.) until the morning of. You just had to go first thing in the morning and wait for them to open but you were pretty much assured of getting one.

That is why I am curious about what you are saying. If stores know the night before than this is a complete change from how it has been handled in the past.

----------

Wow!! Just found this:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/how-to-buy/

Pretty cool. Anyone have any luck with it? Makes it seem like you just order and then pick it up. I have a feeling availability will still be an issue.

----------

Why mid-November???? You can order them online right now and get it in 1-2 weeks. I assume your original order was placed some time ago.

9. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Yup...reserve at night, pick up tomorrow. You're right that availability will still be an issue, though. It sounds easy, but only if the store you're looking to go to has stock. But you don't really have anything to lose by trying. Good luck!

10. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome! So much better than the games they used to play. No one ever knew when a shipments was coming or what was coming in the shipment. I feel for the carriers though. I called a local AT & T store and they have not received anymore phones since the launch.

11. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Just to clarify, when you go to reserve online at 9 pm, you'll immediately know if the model you're looking to reserve is available the next day (will say out of stock, or something to the effect). Assuming you find what you're looking for, the process works great. I reserved a phone last week, walking in and out in about 5 minutes though it may take you a bit longer as I bought an off contract model that required no in-store activation.

12. MayBee macrumors 6502

if you ask for the 32GB or 64GB..those are more readily available since most people prefer the 16GB for less money.

I remember I went to the Apple store last Monday and 16GB was sold out while you can get the 32GB or 64GB.

Call them up and ask them for their inventory....however, they don't reserve at least it gives you an idea if it's worth to drive there for it...