4s Jailbreak + battery

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by superdudeo, Jan 18, 2012.

1. superdudeo macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am really looking forward to finally jail breaking my 4s but I'm thinking it might not even be worth it for the effect it will have on the battery. Getting around 5 hours of usage right now and a jailbreak will just take it to android levels of inefficiency.

Doesn't look like a software update will improve things now. It's been 3 months since release.

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

have you tried all the tweaks in the location settings? seemed to help alot.

3. superdudeo thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I've tried everything. Browsing via 3G seems to be the biggest drain. I've had 2 replacements (unrelated to battery issues) all have the same battery life.

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Sounds like you are a pretty heavy app/browser user to get that kind of battery time out of a stock 4S. There is no reason the jb has to slow it down more. I get great battery life out of my jailbroken iP4.

5. Synergie macrumors 6502a

The jailbreak itself won't affect battery life.... what jb apps you install 'can' depending on the app. Just be careful what you install and read up on if it works fully with the current OS version, and don't run too many tweaks that all run in the background at once either.

6. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

7. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Jailbreaking doesn't cause slowdowns or battery drains. It's what you install for tweaks.