Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1zach4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
This started about a month ago. I will go into a game/safari/mail/messaging etc and right after it loads, it will force quit back to the main screen of the iphone.

Typically I can fix this by restarting the phone, but now it is going into "force quit" mode every day.

I purchased the phone from AT&T, so should I take the phone to them or to the Apple Store?

TIA

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Sounds like a software issue and not a hardware that would need replacement.
I'd restore it and setup as new.
Also its good to restart the phone once in a while to clear out the memory.
I do it every few days.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
This started about a month ago. I will go into a game/safari/mail/messaging etc and right after it loads, it will force quit back to the main screen of the iphone.

Typically I can fix this by restarting the phone, but now it is going into "force quit" mode every day.

I purchased the phone from AT&T, so should I take the phone to them or to the Apple Store?

TIA
Your warranty is with Apple, so you should call Apple. Before you call, try restoring as new in case it's software corruption. If a completely new restore doesn't solve the problem, you may have a device with bad memory or something. Apple will take care of you.

Edit: Applejuiced beat me to it. But if the restore doesn't fix it, call Apple :)

1zach4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Sounds like a software issue and not a hardware that would need replacement.
I'd restore it and setup as new.
Also its good to restart the phone once in a while to clear out the memory.
I do it every few days.

The problem is I'm having to restart every 12-24hrs now. I have always shut the phone down every few days, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have to do it every day.

----------

Thank you for the advice, will restore it later today and see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.