4S keeps force quitting apps/mail/safari

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 1zach4, Dec 15, 2011.

1. 1zach4 macrumors regular

This started about a month ago. I will go into a game/safari/mail/messaging etc and right after it loads, it will force quit back to the main screen of the iphone.

Typically I can fix this by restarting the phone, but now it is going into "force quit" mode every day.

I purchased the phone from AT&T, so should I take the phone to them or to the Apple Store?

TIA

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like a software issue and not a hardware that would need replacement.
    I'd restore it and setup as new.
    Also its good to restart the phone once in a while to clear out the memory.
    I do it every few days.

3. dotme macrumors 6502a

Your warranty is with Apple, so you should call Apple. Before you call, try restoring as new in case it's software corruption. If a completely new restore doesn't solve the problem, you may have a device with bad memory or something. Apple will take care of you.

Edit: Applejuiced beat me to it. But if the restore doesn't fix it, call Apple :)

4. 1zach4 thread starter macrumors regular

The problem is I'm having to restart every 12-24hrs now. I have always shut the phone down every few days, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have to do it every day.

----------

Thank you for the advice, will restore it later today and see what happens.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that is a pain and it shouldnt act like that.
    Give that restore a shot and setup as new to make sure its not a problem with the backup file you're restoring from.