4s lens profile for lightroom?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by drewwhitehead, Jan 10, 2012.

1. drewwhitehead macrumors newbie

With the update to the iPhone 4s's camera, has anyone figured out a lens profile for lightroom for it? I've looked high and low and I'm not gifted enough or know exactly what I'm looking at/for to create one.

For what it's worth, I'm really only using it collect spur of the moment shots. Most of what I do is on a D40 and all the lenses already have profiles.

Help a newbie please...

2. tmagman macrumors 6502

I'm no gifted lens profiler either, but here's an easy way to build a basic one-

Take identical pictures, one with your SLR with a profiled lens, and one with the iPhone. Use the existing profile for the lens and adjust the picture using that, then manually adjust the 'manual' setting sliders so that the iphone picture has a similar look and warping if you will. From there I believe you can simply save the settings you changed with the sliders as a custom one pretty easily.

Its not perfect but hey why not try to match whats already known by hand!

3. snberk103 macrumors 603

I haven't tried this yet, but did read about last month. On Adobe's website there is an image file that you print out... it's just a fancy grid pattern. You print it, photograph it in a specified way, download the images into Lightroom, and tell LR to build a profile ... voilà... profile! However, there is also a place to upload and share profiles on Adobe's site... so check there 1st in case someone has already been generous.

Wish I had more info, but I haven't done this yet - and I'm working from memory.