4s not receiving complete charge

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Steve23147, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Steve23147 macrumors newbie

I have a 4s with 5.0.1. I plug up my phone to the wall to charge every night before I go to bed. In the morning, 6+ hours later, my phone is not at 100%. Usually it is somewhere between 92-95%. I understand that the phone charges up to 100% and then stops charging in order to prevent the battery from wearing out but shouldn't the charge start back up once it drops from 100%? What I end up having to do every morning is unplug my phone and then plug it back in in order for it to be fully charged when I leave for work. I went to the Apple store last night and one of the employees told me the fix for this was in 5.0.1 so I updated last night before I went to sleep. It didn't help. Anyone know if there is a fix for this? I guess it is not so much of a problem as it is an annoyance but it would be nice to rid myself of it.

Thanks for the help!

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I've been running into this as well. It's really not a big deal though. If it bothers you enough you can ask Apple to replace the phone.

3. Eager Beaver macrumors 6502a

Eager Beaver

I believe it's just a batt calibration issue -
    Others have simply turned off the batt % meter so they don't get unnecessarily aggrevated -

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Have you let your phone drain all the way down till it turns off? Try this, then plug it in and let it charge to 100% (assuming it will go that far) and keep it plugged in for 20-30 mins after it hits 100%.

See if this helps to "recalibrate" the battery.

5. Elawson2012 macrumors newbie

Try charging using your receptacle in your bathroom. I know it sounds weird but most bathrooms have gfci receptacles. Could be voltage regulation problems with the current outlet you are using.