Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a 4S since launch - are you now starting to get little freezes or slowing? I know it's pretty normal and I'm not really bothered by it but I wanted to see if it was just mine. What I've noticed:

• screen freezes for a few seconds when swiping icon pages or multitask icons
  • message app gets frozen sometimes, especially when changing landscape/portrait
  • Sometimes the text block is unresponsive - have to kill message app to get function back

Minor stuff, I know, but it's something. I'm still waiting for 5S. Anything similar out there?

I don't use any intensive apps, I save those for ipad. All I use are really chrome, message, app store, gmail app, occasional games like scramble, conclave, etc.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
Have you tried a restoring to new since you purchased the phone at launch?
How are you on storage on the phone?
Have you attempted a hard reset by holding the power+home button for 10 seconds or so?
What OS are you on?
Do you have apps running in the background?
Is it jailbroken?

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Have you tried a restoring to new since you purchased the phone at launch?
How are you on storage on the phone?
Have you attempted a hard reset by holding the power+home button for 10 seconds or so?
What OS are you on?
Do you have apps running in the background?
Is it jailbroken?

• Yes, I restored a few months ago and have kept apps to a minimum
  • 8.1 GB Available
  • Yes, I do this from time to time
  • I don't kill apps unless there's a problem, but I don't think any of my apps run in the background
  • no

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
Maybe set up an appointment to an Apple store to see if they can see whats going on with the device. Could possibly be an issue with internal parts and what your options are. More than likely out of warranty so if you need a replacement, they will probably charge you for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.