4s owners....happy with the 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Irock619, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I upgraded from a 16gb 4s to a 32gb 5s and I can say I am quite pleased, and I haven't even used all the new features yet. I am still trying to get used to the taller screen but other than that I am very pleased with this phone. Anybody have a different experience with their upgrade?

2. deeddawg macrumors 603

Satisfied with the upgrade. I've been running ios7 beta for a while so my upgrade is mostly the hardware.

3. meirvin macrumors member

look I sold my 4s on ebay for $280, walked out of apple with 5s and car charger for $263 if your eligible, wheres the need to think about it.

4. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502

5. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

What are you saying?

6. MacAttackkk macrumors newbie

upgraded from a 4s to 5s. LOVE it so far! very fast and responsive. i always had a passcode so touch id is perfect. the taller screen makes app so much more enjoyable.

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

That doesn't answer OPs question. Are you happy with your new phone?

8. Km133 macrumors member

Very happy indeed. I had installed iOS7 on the 4S when it came out, and I have to say it's much faster on the 5S. Loving the taller screen, better camera, better battery life and faster app-switching. Starting to really appreciate touch ID as well.

9. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Some things I've noticed is some apps crash back to the home screen. In fact I was replying to this thread and safari crashed. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. The vibrate motor is louder compared to my 4s and my wife's 5c. I haven't had the opportunity to try out the new camera. Thanks for the feedback guys!

10. LindenW macrumors newbie

So far, yes, I'm very happy with the upgrade.

11. Brandon263 macrumors 6502

It feels a little too big but the screen is amazing!

12. widestload macrumors regular

widestload

I agree, the vibrate is much stronger on the 5S, almost too much so, like abit of a rattle and doesn't feel quite so smooth and solid. Is anyone else finding that the home button can be abit clicky? Kind of like it snaps back harder, especially when I press it on the top half of the button?

Other than that though it's great! I hadn't put iOS 7 on my 4s as I wanted the new experience on the 5S. I like the bigger size screen and lighter weight. Touch I'd is fantastic and the cameras a step up too. The screen looks like it has better contrast and punchier colours.

I am however finding that the signal is slightly weaker on the 5s and as I was already in a patchy area is does seem to be dropping out a little more :-(

13. c0LdFire macrumors regular

Why? The 5C will be a 3 year old phone at the end of a 2 year contract.

14. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

the screen looks nicer. bigger is a minor upgrade. Also, its a lot more responsive/faster.

lightning is also awesome.

15. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Crashing is due to apps not having been updated for iOS 7. Happening on my 5 with some of the non upgraded apps.

16. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Because he wanted to, that's why.

Bryan

17. blahbrah macrumors 6502

Very happy, keyboard has just enough room and I think I'm going to hold onto this one until it dies. Really hope the next phone isn't any bigger than this since it feels like the right size (Before the 4S I had a Samsung Galaxy S1)

18. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

I agree although I think the phone should be a bit wider to compensate for the taller screen. Regardless this is a beautiful design compared to my 4s, which I'm having trouble selling at the moment.

19. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

So you're saying safari hasn't been updated for iOS 7? :confused:

20. scapegoat81 macrumors 6502a

scapegoat81

So far I'm satisfied. I've mostly been connected to Wifi around the house with it since i've bought it. I'll be testing it out in it's entirety during the week at work & on the road. LTE is what i needed most. But so far, this phone is blazing fast. A signifigant upgrade from my 4S.

21. mikosk macrumors member

Yes, overall it's a solid upgrade. It's pretty amazing how light the phone is, doesn't feel as durable as my 4S but that is probably just perception. LTE speed is insane, going from 3G to LTE is a big jump. Downside is the loss of Gmail push via exchange. I was grandfathered in on my old 4S. Using the Outlook workaround now.

Overall, love the 5S so far compared to my 4S. Now for iOS6 to iOS7, that is a different conversation...

22. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

I should have clarified that based on my personal experiences the only crashes I've had were with non upgraded apps. Sarfari has been a very good experience for me thus far, but as always YMMV.

23. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

LTE is definitely a good upgrade. I think my LTE signal is faster than my home wifi lol!