4S phonecall slight echo of myself?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ceebee1980, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Ceebee1980 macrumors regular

Hey all,

Have any of you had an issue where your phonecalls have a very mild echo of your own voice?

The temp solution seems to be to press the speakerphone button on, then back off. The echo is gone at that point.

I haven't had it on every call, but seem to have the issue now and then after using headphones/hands-free mic. Could this mean it's software/firmware rather than hardware based?

Thanks!

2. solo118 macrumors 65816

If it persists, just go ahead to return it. I saw something on BGR today about an echo hundreds of people have been going through.

3. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Or just turn your volume down — it's almost certainly the mic picking up the speaker.

4. kingoddball macrumors newbie

Poor network - Landline?

Are you calling a landline?
    This can also happen on poor line quality.

5. Ceebee1980 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, I feel like the answer to both the above questions may be yes.
    I'll try to pay more attention to the circumstances if it happens again. I'm reluctant to return the phone because of it, though, as it seems software/firmware related, if not volume or poor line-quality related.

Hmm...

6. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I have this to, and its most likely software related. It will probably be addressed soon.

7. punisher1-1 macrumors member

Mine has this also but only seems to do it when I am calling landlines. It also comes and goes. Only slightly annoying but my phone is perfect otherwise so I will wait and hopefully it will just be a software issue.

8. ijohnbro macrumors regular

hate the echo, use to get it too. Sometimes it happens when you bugged

9. bajaracing macrumors member

i've noticed feed back at times. i'm gonna try this nest time.. makes sense to me