4s power button stuck down

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by white4s, Dec 7, 2012.

1. white4s macrumors 65816

in the matter of one click to another, i believe, the power button has been pushed down and stuck. it still works but i have to press the left side pretty hard for it. i've dropped the phone a few times but i noticed this not after a fall. has anyone had this problem? no clue how it fix it, i took off the back cover but i see no access to it

2. GuardDogTech macrumors newbie

It's probably shifted and is now jammed. Well the bad news is it's buried, and almost everything has to come out to fix it. The good news is that it still works, and just ride it out till it stops working. If you want to get it fixed send me a pm. thanks. Hope this helps.

3. white4s thread starter macrumors 65816

it only works if i push it up against a hard surface lol i'm gonna have to spend the money to have it fixed. $45

really want to do a blue mid frame so the whole phone is blue but that doubles the money

4. FixBrokeni macrumors member

FixBrokeni

This is a very common problem, and one that's not the easiest to solve! Be sure to get the button completely replaced or you'll be facing this problem again in the near future.