4S randomly turns on...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AntPhone, Oct 25, 2011.

1. AntPhone macrumors member

My iPhone 4S randomly turns itself on. (And by "on", I mean, the screen becomes active and is waiting for me to enter my passcode. It disappears after the standard inactivity period.) I've noticed this a few times, but have no idea what causes it...

Anyone else seeing this issue?

2. PacketPaul macrumors newbie

Yup, me too! It only happens when the battery is 100% charged. This is an issue for me as I have a clock with an iPhone charger next to my bed. The light wakes me in the middle of the night.

3. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

You sure it's not rebooting and then just getting to the lock screen? My phone has randomly rebooted about once a day over the past week and I have no idea why. Never happened with my iPhone 4.

4. PacketPaul macrumors newbie

I don't think so as it seems to happen quite frequently and definitely not because of a reboot. I would be concerned even more if the phone was rebooting. You may want Apple to talk a look.

5. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

Mine also randomly reboots itself, it's odd, but thats the only complaint I have :cool:

6. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Being that I know it's a software issue and not a hardware one, I'll see if Apple addresses it in a patch.

7. AntPhone thread starter macrumors member

I have seen it randomly reboot (at about 50% battery level). When that happened I thought it was going to tell me that the battery died, but no. Just rebooted and went to the lock screen for password entry.

Then, I have seen it just turn on (so to speak) without the reboot. Noticed it last night while laying in bed. Wondered what would have caused it to turn on. But thinking about it now am wondering if there was some synchronization issue with iCloud that causes it to awake. Might be a red herring though...just throwing something out there.