4S restore from backup issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob9874, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Rob9874 macrumors 6502

Wasn't sure if this was a 4S or iOS 5 issue, but decided on 4S since it has to do with setting up my new phone. Bought it at the Apple Store, connected to their wifi, and told the phone to setup based on the last iCloud backup. Took about 5 min to get the settings, then opened to how my 4 looked. Didn't want to stay in the Apple Store until all my music & apps synced, so I left.

Got home, and decided to sync with iTunes, wired, as I didn't want 25+ GB of data to download over wifi. But I first had to go into iCloud settings on my iPhone, and tell it to stop restoring. iTunes restored all my apps, but not organized like I had. No problem with that, I reorganized them.

But when I left the Apple Store, it was in the middle of restoring my photos, so I don't have all of them. I was able to tell iTunes to sync with last import from iPhoto, but they're in their own album on my iPhone, and I can't delete any of them. I just want all my photos back in my Camera Roll, like before. Am I going to have to factory reset my phone, and do a wifi restore from my last iCloud backup? Music, apps, and all?

2. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I set my phone up as new and have been installing and configuring as much as I can. But am curious if I decide to go ahead and pull from the last backup.

The older phone was not on sprint, not activated at all, JBed, and highly configured. It had 1500+ photos, so i would really like to get those.

So, I am just wondering what to do and hope somebody replies to your question as well.

3. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Well, I thought I would answer my own question. I did a restore from backup, and it worked very well.

In fact a few apps that I was trying out, and had created data for but had not decided to commit to, when I bought the app, the data was there intact, so I am pretty excited.

4. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I found that when I restored from a back up (with the new phone) iWork sync didn't work. i.e., I couldn't put docs/keynotes into iCloud. Had to restore, and start as a new phone.