4s screen flickering after downgrade?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ajay96, Sep 4, 2013.

1. ajay96 macrumors 6502

I see a few people have had this.. is there a fix?

2. JRomero macrumors regular

JRomero

Mine does this when I downgrade, too. What I found works for me is leaving the phone plugged into the computer for a little while after it finishes downgrading. My phone reboots itself once or twice and then it's back to normal. Other than that, I haven't heard of any solutions.

3. ajay96 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thanks. Apparently, my iOS 6 iCloud backups are corrupted too.

4. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

It's not really important since the 4S is obsolete and you'll be upgrading in a few weeks anyway.

5. jigsjdg macrumors newbie

You sure your iCloud backups haven't been overwritten by an iOS 7 backup made automagically? Those probably won't work on iOS 6 after a downgrade. Hence the advice to make a backup locally through iTunes..

6. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Says the guy who yesterday posted...

That doesn't sound like an "obsolete" phone to me. :)

The definition of "obsolete" is "no longer in use or no longer useful".

That certainly is not the case with the 4S.

I too have a iPhone 4S (64GB) and it is still a more than capable smartphone. Reports from those who are running the iOS 7 dev beta says it runs very well on the 4S. The 4S has an excellent camera. Good speed. A great display. With 64GB I have more than enough storage. It has the 30pin connector that is compatible with a massive amount of accessories. Like you said, the size is great. I wouldn't mind having LTE, but the speeds I get with the 4S have been decent for the most part, plus LTE wasn't very widespread when the 5 came out.

I've owned the 3G, 3GS, 4 and now 4S. I upgraded every year because the features in the newer phone were enough to make me want to upgrade. That wasn't the case with the iPhone 5 with its slightly better camera, slightly faster speed, slightly bigger screen, slightly better video features, better facetime camera (don't care) etc... plus the negatives, new connector means I need to buy adapters or get rid of some 30pin devices I own plus other tradeoffs.

The features of the iPhone 5S might be enough to make me want to upgrade when they are revealed next week (especially since I am eligible to upgrade) but that depends on the features. I may just wait another year until the rumored new design / larger sized iPhone comes out. I just hope the battery performance on the 4S doesn't deteriorate too badly in my 3rd year with it as my Applecare+ will expire in November.

Anyways, if I decide to stick with my 4S, having iOS 7 will be kind of like getting a new phone which will help make the wait for next years model a little easier.

7. ajay96 thread starter macrumors 6502

I won't be upgrading as soon as the new iPhone comes out. It should be important to me, because i paid for this phone.