4S : Signal drops every 20 minutes !!! HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yly3, Oct 20, 2011.

1. yly3 macrumors 6502

Got my brand new iPhone 4S 64GB White Neverlocked and the signals drops just like in the title, and it takes around 20-30 seconds to get back up. Maybe more often when with 3G on, it's embarrassing Apple really. It's been 2 and 1/2 hours since I've unboxed it so I can't really tell if I have the battery issues. So far so good, I dropped 13% in this interval but I really used Google Maps (when it worked ..) and played with Siri a bit.

I am using a white genuine bumper btw.

I already contacted my local Apple Reseller because I don't have Apple Stores in my country (Europe) and the first thing they told me was "Unfortunately, you aren't the only one" but they don't even know when they can replace mine, because it will take between 1 week-mid November to get stock, because it's too new.

Anyone having this problem? I can't use this as a phone.

WTF Apple !

2. yly3 thread starter macrumors 6502

A strange thing, but interesting, is that my data plan allowed me to tether, but "Personal Hotspot" has been all this time in grey, like it wasn't available.
    After my 4th restart in these 3 hours, it seems tether is available now.
    Maybe, my carrier didn't find my new iPhone and it takes some time ? Who knows.

I still want some help, if anyone shares same issues please post. Thanks !

3. yly3 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You problems could be due to a carrier problem. Have you asked if they are having problems in your area.

Tether and hotspot are carrier enabled and not controlled by Apple.

5. littleebo356 macrumors member

had the same problem as you dude, took my 4s 32gig white back to 02 and they swapped it for a new one, and now on my second one I'm having problems still, it just crashed randomly and went into recovery mode wtf

6. smagdy macrumors regular

Having same problem with signal "no service" everytime after i recieve sms, when i reply back, the signal goes and msg cant be sent and after few min it comes back or it comes back if i turn off then on the airplane mode.

Battery also finish very fast!

I bought it unlocked from UK, but lives in Sweden so i dont know what to do?

7. smagdy macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I hope there will be software fix!

8. yly3 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not my carrier. I'm currently back with my iPhobe 4 which works flawlessly 4 bars of the time on the same carrier with the same SIM. Yesterday I took the 4S to my local Apple Reseller and they will give me an answer on Monday, Tuesday at latest.

I also had the yellow display thingy. I'm 100% sure it's a defective unit.