Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jbone31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
Ok so i know this has been discussed before, and i have researched for days and read every possible trial and error out there so far with no success. Ive even tried restoring all the way to "new Phone" with no backup being used or anything and still won't work. Basically the phone is not going into "Standby" mode when the screen is off.
I did a test cause my battery life is so bad, I took the phone off the charger with no apps open and just left it sitting for about 2 hours without getting any calls, emails, or texts i checked the phone and it dropped from 100% to 70%!! In just 2 hours of not touching it!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.. its obviously a known problem but as far as everything ive read to try its a known problem with no known cause....
Thanks in advance!
Josh

Jbone31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
I know I'm not the only one with this problem... Apparently no one knows of any sort of fix

FrankHahn

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2011
Yes, I am the one with a similar problem, but in the airplane mode. My finding is that the iPhone 4S appears to use a similar amount of power whether or not it is in the airplane mode.

I noticed your post in my thread. I am sorry that I can not answer your question at the present time because I have not gauged the standby battery usage.

Your battery drain is far too fast! You may have a faulty battery. I would like to suggest that you immediately take your iPhone to the genius bar at an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

It appears to me that the iOS 5 may have a bug that makes it not perform as it is supposed to do in the airplane mode.

Jbone31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
Thanks for the response! I forgot to mention that I thought it could be the battery as well.. Talked to Verizon and they sent me a replacement phone. Well of course I took the liberty to do a few tests on it and without even restoring it from a backup it still had the same problems.
I then charged both phones full overnight and again let them sit for a couple hours and sure enough picked them both up and they were at 71 and 70% battery life lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.