Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoCalRich

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
NorCal
Air Play worked just fine with my 3GS for years. When I got my 4S using Air Play would take down my whole network (both Extreme & Express routers). I bought my Airport extreme less then 1 year ago. After multiple calls to Apple Care and spending 3 hrs on the phone It was suggested that I go to the genius desk with all the devices. At the Genius Desk I was told that I needed a new Airport Express. I bought one an installed it. Now the same thing happens again. My Airport Express sometimes doesn't seem to be on and I cannot see it using the Airport Utility - although the green light is on. I power cycle it and it comes back up. I called back to Apple Care and they told me to go to the Apple Store for a free replacement (less then 1 year old & under warranty). Upgraded my iPhone to V 5.0.1 and installed the new Extreme - same thing happens. I also have replaced my cable modem from Time Warner. I'm at a loss at this point. :-(

Anyone else experiencing these problems with the 4S?

SoCalRich

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
NorCal
Problem solved - I unchecked the "wide channels" in the Extreme - wireless settings. Works like a champ now...:)

SoCalRich

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
NorCal
wide channels provide higher throughput on your network but could interfear with other channels

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.