4S - update iOS now or wait

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SHirsch999, Aug 29, 2015.

1. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

My daughter has a 4S on 7.1.1 that she uses as an iPod touch. She is getting an iPod touch 6 (since it has a larger screen, better processor and higher capacity) so I am getting the 4S back. I want to update the iOS version on it since I'd like to use Apple Music on it. Would it be better to update it to 8.4.1 now or wait for iOS 9?

2. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

Performance on iOS 9 should be better than performance on iOS8, especially for an iPhone 4S. I would recommend you wait, but it really depends just on how you use the device. If you use it pretty intensely, then you probably don'y want performance to be poor, otherwise you may not care at all.

3. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

You might as well wait for iOS 9. iOS 8 wouldn't run as well as iOS 9 (due to the improvements they've made in the new version), so for the least amount of perceivable slow-downs, go from iOS 7 to iOS 9.

4. Frosties macrumors 6502a

Frosties

Typical you have a limited few days before Apple takes away downgrade to 8.4.1. So if you are quick you can test the new iOS 9 and still go back to iOS 8.4.1 for apple music. Then it's closed. And iOS 7 is closed already so be very understanding on this.