4S what?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by applefiend95, Mar 16, 2013.

1. applefiend95 macrumors regular

being an owner of an iPhone 4S, i can say that i enjoyed this device. lately, it seems that apple is having extreme difficulties staying up to par with many other android devices, mainly the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S-IV. what are your thoughts about this? i personally will be switching from apple to samsung (maybe the S-IV or Note 2) in the following moths. its funny because people used to switch to apple and not the other way around. also i find the "why iPhone" (http://www.apple.com/iphone/why-iphone) page very pathetic - its such a beg on apple's part #smfh. honestly, the points mentioned in the page is so obvious and not worth mentioning since it is already in the main description pages. it can be concluded that the phone has traveled the most it can for this form factor but until apple reinvents the phone again, you will surely find many more users like myself. i found myself looking at past apple introductions of new products and found that apple just finds a different way of saying something simple for example: fusion drive instead of just hybrid. this gets the general people hyped up and they have no idea what is really going on. i wish apple all the best with its future endeavors but come on can you really compare iPhone 5 with the S-IV? don't think so

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. See ya.

3. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

The door was kicked down a long time ago.

4. laudern macrumors 6502a

Lol you are probably right but I'll just cover my eyes and ignore it

5. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

LOL! The grass isn't always greener on the other side....:p I'm staying with my 4S.

6. applefiend95 thread starter macrumors regular

just received an email from apple stating why iPhone 5 is good. now its just a piss-off. apple is playing like a little jealous kid because it no longer has that shiny new toy.

7. 725032 Guest

You should check out the new Samsung S4

Its an amazing device that Apple will be playing catch up with for years to come.

8. wxman2003 Suspended

You should try the SG4. You will find out just how similar it is to an iPhone. Oh that's right, Samsung stole all the patents, no wonder.

9. irDigital0l Guest

I think your confused...really confused.

Go to the doctor and get a checkup.

10. QuarterSwede, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The SGS4 isn't all that much "better" than the iPhone 5 hardware wise. It's different size wise and that will certainly appeal to some but if you've ever read anything about the A6 and the chips the SGS4 will use you'll understand why an "octocore" isn't all that much faster in real world use, if at all, than a dual core A6. Hint: More cores are for battery efficiency and making spec sheets look good not raw speed as almost no apps (even Android) are coded to take advantage of those extra cores. Besides, the SGS4 can only use 4 cores at a time anyway. Source

Phone hardware all around is great these days. It's the OS and ecosystem that make the most difference. For power users iOS definitely needs to kick it up a notch. However, for hardware ecosystem (AppleTV, Airport Express) Android doesn't even come close. Too bad too because the cancelled Nexus Q would've bridged that gap.

11. wxman2003 Suspended

Nope. Just fine. Didn't fall for all the Samsung brainwashing.

12. irDigital0l Guest

I think you meant Apple brainwashing.

13. wxman2003 Suspended

Nope. Samsung brainwashing. Of course it could be similar to Apple brainwashing. I'm sure Samsung stole that too.

14. irDigital0l Guest

haha

Did Apple patent brainwashing too?

Along with squares and book flipping. Too good.