Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jbaffoh

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Hawaii
I'm not liking my 4S screen compared to my old 4. It has a dull yellowish tint, which seems pretty uniform from corner to corner. In comparison, my 4 screen is very white and bright.

Has anybody else noticed this? Is this the uncured glue issue?

Almeuit

macrumors regular
May 25, 2011
I'm not liking my 4S screen compared to my old 4. It has a dull yellowish tint, which seems pretty uniform from corner to corner. In comparison, my 4 screen is very white and bright.

Just glue.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I hate it too! I thought my screen was messed up until I look at other YouTube videos of people's 4S. It looks so yellow. The colors on my 4 looked better, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1zLg4itgZA

In the video, around 24 second mark (Settings screen), you can see the yellow screen of the 4S compared to the 4.

Well, you can actually tell throughout the video.

kawasakirider

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2010
It's not glue, and many iPhone 4's were effected (notice I said 4's and not 4S's).

My first iPhone 4 had a really nice, bright display, I changed carriers and gave the old one to my mother. The new one I got had the yellow issue. It hasn't gone away, but it's not as bad as I first made it out to be. I took it to apple to get it replaced, and they said that there is a range of colours that the screen could potentially be, and that mine was within the "acceptable" range.

Like your phone, my phones yellow is uniform the whole way across. If it was glue, it would be more prominent in spots.

I'm hopefully getting an IP4S next week, so I'll see whether I have the same issue. Don't worry though, it will eventually stop bugging you and you won't notice it.

kobayashiissa

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
I've heard that letting it charge will cause it to warm it up and the discoloration will go away - presumably because it's a glue issue.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010

Proof positive that you can beat a dead horse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.