4th Design T-type 3 Opinions Please!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by STiNG Operation, Jun 18, 2013.

1. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I've kept this bumper up in my Safari tabs for over a week now:p I need help deciding whether it's worth it or not.

My only concern is losing more than a bar of service/dropping data. There are basically no consumer reviews anywhere. If you have this bumper your input would be GREATLY appreciated.

This is the gadgetmac review below and a couple pictures of what I want do. The back plate would be from element case. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

http://www.gadgetmac.com/reviews/4th-design-t-type-3-aluminum-iphone-5-bumper-case-review.html

http://www.4thdesign.net/product/t_type3/t_type3_black.php

http://www.elementcase.com/Ultrasuede-iPhone-5-Back-Plate-p/api5-1001-x0u0.htm

Attached Files:

2. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I had the same dilemma for a while and concluded it's not worth the risk and hassle. Aluminum does scuff over time and has the potential to degrade signal. In the end I didn't think it was worth the expense (and added weight) for appearance.

I have a UAG with Spigen Tr.Slim and aluminum button and it looks great.

3. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I agree with you it's like there's no one out there that actually owns this case. I want to see a post that starts with the sentence. "I own this case".
    I don't care to see. "All Aluminum cases kill signals" or "I think this case will kill the signal therefore I didn't buy it".
    I want a real world, actual, unbiased, comparison no case vs this case. how many db or at least how many bars?

4. STiNG Operation thread starter macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

The most I've found from consumer reviews was on 4thdesigns eBay seller feedback. Nothing specific of course, just a lot of positive feedback saying it was awesome/great quality. The gadgetmac review mentions at most 1 bar of signal loss, but I would still like to hear from more people that aren't using there phones in that ideal situation.

5. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

Anyone who owns one of these cases "4th Design T-type 3" please give us your impression however brief.

Thank you

6. STiNG Operation thread starter macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I agree with most of that. It's just really difficult to pull myself away from the designs that aluminum allows for.:p

In the end I probably won't buy an aluminum case.

7. Bakakage, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013

Bakakage macrumors 6502

I have a black one and a titanium gray for my sisters phone.

It doesn't affect my 2 bar LTE signal at phone, but I did notice that I went into no service in two spotty locations at college where I only had either 1 or 2 bars of 4g.

For the most part I get a nice LTE or 4g signal when I'm out and about. The case feels like a natural extension of the phone and the feel of aluminum matches well with the phones aluminum back.

Also the case pops off easily by pinching apart two slots in the back, no screws required.

I own a black sector 5 case as well, and I prefer the type 3 much more since it looks and feels much more minimal, but still not as fragile feeling like a naked iphone 5.

Attached Files:

8. STiNG Operation thread starter macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Sorry for the late reply, was up north with limited service:p. Thank you for responding, it seems like A great case. A little signal loss is ok with me, I appreciate the input on that from someone who owns one. If anything changes feel free to let us know. Thanks again!

9. talpa macrumors newbie

talpa

Ordered one - no reply from 4th Design/vendor

Well so far am not happy..

Ordered a Blade 5 in Titanium 10 days ago using Paypal (credit card) - still no reply from vendor or confirmation..****.

Wrote Mr. Cho a letter 2 days ago asking for a reply/confirmation/anything....

nothing yet.

Be advised -

Jim

website looks legit esp. since there are owners/legit reviews etc...wtf ?

Bakakage - How long did it take to get a reply/confirmation when u ordered ?