4th gen Apple TV wireless strength

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by overlyunderme, Feb 6, 2016.

1. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

Does anyone know if the 4th gen Apple TV has a stronger wi-fi antenna than previous generations? I have a 3rd gen ATV in my media room and even with an Airport Express wireless extension station 20 feet away, I can't get a strong signal to it. I tried to rent a movie last night and it was going to take 1 hour and 45 minutes to load! I did a speedtest on my iPhone 6 sitting right next to my ATV to test the wireless strength and my download speeds were 25 megabits and upload speeds were 17 megabits. At the Airport Extreme base station in my office, I can get over 100 megabits. But for some reason, the ATV just can't seem to get a good signal.

2. A7ibaba macrumors regular

A7ibaba

I also used Apple TV3, but when i used airplay streaming from macbook it lags a lot and i expirienced a lot of buffering. Since i switched to apple tv4 it's stable as rock. And i watched a alot of movies,all were min 5 gigs full hd with 5.1 and i never saw a single buffering.

3. Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

Same issues here with :apple:TV4.

4. jdusoccer12 macrumors regular

Mine seems to be a lot faster especially since it has 802.11 AC. I don't really have any problems with the new one when sometimes the old one would have to buffer for awhile.

5. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Same here. My airport is 2 rooms from the Apple TV and according to the ATV signal is excellent.

6. 2010mini macrumors 68040

I have 2 802.11 N APs and only have an issue after a blackout or power spike. But after a reset on the APs, no issues.