4th gen ipod fixer-upper

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tamberine, Aug 13, 2008.

1. tamberine macrumors newbie

ok so i messed up my ipod a few years back. finally got it back and i want to fix it, thing is i dont want to spend so much money. ive already made an appointment at the genius bar, but im seeking alternatives before i go there. here are pictures that describe the problem
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ive searched for mother boards but as you can see in this link the white piece is attached to the mother board. http://www.rapidrepair.com/shop/1430-mainboard-4g-ipod.html

my question is, whats the fix?

2. stupertaco macrumors newbie

I have a 4th Gen Fixer as well....
    If it is that piece that is messed up then you're going to need to buy the whole Board, which from what I have read is difficult to install. Are you sure it's only that connection that is giving you problems and not the drive? What exactly does the iPod do?

3. wchua24 macrumors newbie

i think the only thing wrong here is the flex. but i advice you to bring it to the repair shop rather doing it yourself

4. tamberine thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah im sure because i cant even connect that piece back. yeah im gonna check around for the best price possible not looking for diy

5. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

ebay a new logic board, and if you get the photo logic board then get a colour screen also