4th gen Time capsule issue file sharing on windows 7

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jata1, Dec 3, 2011.

1. jata1 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have this really annoying issue with my new 4th gen TC running latest firmware (7.6).

it's setup as my main wifi router with file sharing setup normally. However, I have a major issue with file trasfers to and from the TC disk from windows 7. Basically, the file tranfer stutters and is always poor 2-3MB/sec. Sometimes the wifi network hangs during the file transfer and i have to restart the TC before i can reconnect.

I have tried a couple of different pcs with the same results. i don't have a mac so not sure if it just a windows issue on the TC.

Anyone else seen any issues with file sharing on TC with windows?

Thanks

2. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

In my case my Wifi adapter was connecting at 54Mbps speeds. I had to go in the adapter settings and set band preference to 5.2Ghz - after that now it connects at 240+ Mbps and all is well.

3. jata1 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. I have tried that. this issue happens on both 2.4 and 5ghz wifi networks.

So you have no issues and you are using windows 7 and TC gen 4?

4. whohasaquestion macrumors 6502a

Did you drop the file inside the data folder of time capsule? Or in some other directory?

5. jata1 thread starter macrumors newbie

hi,

yes just drag/drop into data folder on the TC internal disk.

I have done loads of tests. Only affects windows file transfer to/from the TC disk.

I have a NAS also on my network and this is fine.

I have even tried running a live cd linux on the computer. It seems to be OK on linux when transferring to/from the TC disk.

Not sure what else to try.