Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
FYI: This is pure speculation.

Lady Gaga has been known for her nauseating product placement in her music videos. And it's hard to argue that she is not a relevant icon in today's society. (Whether you like that fact or not.)

Supposedly her new music video was going to release on May 31st when she jumped the gun and announced it at a concert.

She reneged however and announced it's release for June 7th on the Larry King show.

The timing seems perfect and it would explain the rumors that Lady Gaga was going to be featured in an iPhone 4 commercial.

Apple has had some unconventional product placement in recent months. Need I remind anyone of the iPad episode of ABC's "Modern Family?"

I have friends that won't shut up about her and her music. Evidently Alejandro is her latest single.

I figured it was worth opening this up for speculation and it'd be cool if, come Monday, I was correct.

But I am most likely total wrong. :D

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
No, however in the movie Get Him to the Greek, it looked like a "4G" was in the movie I think briefly. I saw the movie today, but it coulda been a BB.

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
California
Ah man, I hope not! She's so over-played on the radio right now. I would hate it if this was true, because this means I would want to watch the video just to see if it shows up.

ipodcolor

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2010
Maybe... Apple may want the phone to appeal to teens... However she maybe a little raunchy for apple.

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Ah man, I hope not! She's so over-played on the radio right now. I would hate it if this was true, because this means I would want to watch the video just to see if it shows up.

Kind of reverse product placement. :)

I don't see Apple using that song in their commercials.

The song wouldn't be in the commercials. READ!

I was saying the phone might be in the music video.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
You know what, by this point Gizmodo has had the new iPhone, that guy it Vietnam has it, that one person on Twitter (who was the first to post photos) has had it since february, several repair shops have parts as well as http://www.apple.pro has the white version,

so why not let Lady Gaga have one too, she wouldn't be the first person to have seen it.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
You know what, by this point Gizmodo has had the new iPhone, that guy it Vietnam has it, that one person on Twitter (who was the first to post photos) has had it since february, several repair shops have parts as well as http://www.apple.pro has the white version,

so why not let Lady Gaga have one too, she wouldn't be the first person to have seen it.

All the leaks actually come from Lady GaGa she doesn't get good service because of AT&T so she tosses them in bars and other places. "Stop callin', stop callin',
I don't wanna think anymore!
I left my hand and my heart on the dance floor.
Stop callin', stop callin',
I don't wanna talk anymore!"
That's were the leaks come from.

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I would jump off of a building if I was forced to listen to that moron.

No one would force you to listen to her music.

I'm saying the iPhone would be in her music video, not her music in the iPhone commercial.

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
California
I don't like his music. Mr. GaGa makes me wanna
barf.gif

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Lady GaGa is quite an amazing artist and it would be pretty smart of Apple to have the next iPhone in the video because she is THE most watched person on the internet.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I can't stand 99% of what is considered popular in music, but Lady Gaga is OK in my book. Apple has made worse musical choices in the past IMO.

cmcclure16

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2007
No, however in the movie Get Him to the Greek, it looked like a "4G" was in the movie I think briefly. I saw the movie today, but it coulda been a BB.

"Get Him To The Greek" was filmed in 2008, so that is not likely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.