Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Thoughts:

YES....NBC....but will there be HEROS??? Didnt see that specific show mentioned.

iPods...nothing too exciting...Glad i got ipod touch with macbook/ipod promotional

Suprised price points werent lower...not too much of a price drop for anything...

Similar press conference for Macbook line: Oct 21

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
They said that the Nike+is built-in to the new iPod Touches. Anyone know if it's a hardware or a software thing? I have 2G iPhone and would like to use it, but don't want to pay for a new iPod Touch.

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
I don't know why everyone complains so much about these events.
Apple are a company, not a source of entertainment:mad:

Ah well, The iPods look great, as well as the new features.
24Hrs delivery for the 8GB too!

Konstanty

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
Hi,

How is the Touch different from the previous Touch? Aside from the volume control.

s.

Not much at all, really. There's a nominal built-in speaker, and that's about it. Pretty much a non-event for those of us hoping for something interesting to happen in Touchland.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
What a flop! I, like everyone else, was so excited for this event. I spent the last hour watching updates on Gizmodo and Engadget, and for what? To hear exactly what I already knew was going to happen? This is definitely the most disappointed I have ever been as an Apple supporter. For someone with over 32 gb of music and without AT&T (can't get an iPhone), this event means absolutely nothing to me. The Zune seems awfully tempting right now.

Good, buy the Zune and bounce from here. :p

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I just picked up the Product (Red) one for my Fiance..

I'm finding it hard to resist picking one up for me as well..

I'm loving the new style..

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
Speaker!

This is huge. This is a dealbreaker for many, and will probably mean an iPod Touch for my wife whereas before she had no interest in one.

Right.

The lack of speaker on the Touch was annoying for YouTube content if you wanted to share it with anyone.

I'll be excited when Turn by Turn GPS comes out.

s.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
Apple's obviously only put a speaker on iPod touch to make it better for games.

fabsgwu

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
Washington, DC
Hi,

How is the Touch different from the previous Touch? Aside from the volume control.

s.

New iPod Touch
-Rounded/tapered back (still metal)
-Nike+ built-in
-Speaker built-in
-$80-$100 cheaper across the board

The other features all Touch/iPhones get with the 2.1 update (i.e. Genius Playlist)

xwing1971

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2004
Gulf Coast
Why drop capacity on the classic?

Why are they dropping capacity on the classic? I was hoping for a modest increase to 180gb or 200gb. Pressure from record companies? Hmmm.

dashiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2003
the beginning of the end for the ipod classic. flash memory is approaching the realistic limits of most people's libraries. once itunes supports HD-AAC and the nano supports 32MB+ the ipod classic will be EOL'd. next year possibly, but for sure by 2011. the convergence will be perfect with 64GB nanos and the tenth year since the first ipod.

xiaobao68

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2008
Joke

This event is a joke. Who cares about nike+ in a huge iTouch? What new features? Where is GPS? Camera? What a WASTE OF TIME. I hope their stock get hit hard.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thoughts:

YES....NBC....but will there be HEROS??? Didnt see that specific show mentioned.

iPods...nothing too exciting...Glad i got ipod touch with macbook/ipod promotional

Suprised price points werent lower...not too much of a price drop for anything...

Similar press conference for Macbook line: Oct 21

Yes, Gizmodo mentioned Heroes, as well as a plethora of other NBC shows. I'm guessing 99% of NBCs lineup?

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
that shake to shuffle is a really neat idea..

I'm looking forward to trying out iTunes 8 features

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.