4th iPhone. Exchange for another. White "risky" or black "safe"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajohnson253, Nov 13, 2008.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Today I will be going on my 4th iPhone. Within the past 3 days I have received. 4 new hairline cracks. I hve the white 16 . Thinking of just going for the black 16. Should I take a chance and get another white one or play it safe with the black?

2. markgamber macrumors 6502

I haven't had a problem with my white one. I do keep it in a condom at all times, however.

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm sorry, but the color is not a factor in any defects.

4. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

White ones are the same as Black ones. Just the color of the case.

5. daisuke07 macrumors regular

a condom.....

6. Vald macrumors newbie

yes, but!, different pigments are added to these plastic cases, making a different reaction...
    the white ones may be causing the problem earlier then the black ones..

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Searching the forums will reveal the black cases suffered the same hairline cracks that the white cases have. However, they're harder to find on the black for obvious reasons.

8. Vald macrumors newbie

ow... i only read the one with the white cases..
    i though everybody was complaining only about the white ones..

9. nice888 macrumors newbie

Crack on my Iphone

I have a white 3G Iphone too. I did exchange it once and now I just found that there is multiple hair-line crack all over the case. I went to genius bar last week and they give me advice too keep it because they only can exchange for me twice. Is it right? I am kinda piss-off
    Any advice for me?

10. svndmvn Guest

I've had a few black iPhones and one of them came with cracks around the jack, the camera and I believe the same one came with pretty noticeable scratches on the back, I think it's just the defective plastics being used for some, hopefully not many..it is true there's a lot more ranting about the white ones, maybe just because there easier to spot..

11. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

That is false. You have the right to have a defective phone replaced as many times as it takes under Apple's warantee. The Genius Bar tech is feeding you a line. This being said make sure you are replacing for legitimate reasons. Cracks are a legitimate reason. A few scratches on the back and very minor light leak is not.