4th iPhone Exchange...No Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew K., Sep 15, 2008.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

So I'm returning my 3rd iPhone and I have no Apple Store in El Paso TX ( WE SHOULD!!!) but here's what happened with the first two and the current one:

1. Had a Black 16gb: Exchanged at AT&T store for Cracking near the headphone jack and nasty smudging, so exchanged for White 16b

2. Had White 16gb for two days and noticed a damn light leak! on the left side: Exchanged to Apple through mail for a Brand New one.

3. Got the Brand New White 16gb: Had the same Light Leak Problem!

Waited a month for them to fix this from the factory because no one checked for a light leak when they sent me the new one.

4. Sending in my White 16gb for 3 Reasons:

A. 2nd Light Leak

B. Stuck on Apple Log Screen of Death ( happened Saturday ) before I could update to 2.1

C. Cracks along he top near sim tray and a gap crack near the headphone jack

Hopefully Apple will get my 4th iPhone right :confused:

2. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

Just my 0.02 but returning an iphone for a small light leak is a waste of time. Same with smudges. You returned it because of smudges?? Maybe I can return my BMW because the black interior gets dusty.

3. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

If you have ever experienced a light leak you'd understand, when you watch movies at night there is a row of dashed lighting shining through the chrome bezel distracting you from watching the movie, that is why people return them.

And I returned the black because the headphone jack was cracked and your theory of you BMW makes no sense, what if a bunch of 5 yr olds came up and put fingerprints on the outside of your BMW after you just washed it ? that's what it can be more compared to.

4. amrk47 macrumors regular

lol sorry but your smudging theory does not make sense

5. rannddeee macrumors regular

The smudging "theory" does not make sense because it is not a theory. He is simply stating a FACT, that his iPhone has a crack and nasty smudging.

You, sir, are the one that is not making any sense.

6. amrk47 macrumors regular

his smudging theory states that his iphone smudges lol

every iphone smudges

7. bluelondon macrumors regular

apple quality control is shocking, no doubt one of the most fun and yet worst constructed phone.

i hope your 4th phone is a keeper.

i'm on my 3rd and am happy with it. it still has light leak, but less than the previous 2. i just couldn't be arsed anymore, going back and forth to the apple store like a yoyo, plus it's in a case so i thought fk it, let me just get on with enjoying the phone.

but if it had cracks and other cosmetic defects i would definitely return it too, but a little light leak seems to be "within spec" these days, as the apple employees kept reminding me during the first 2 exchanges :rolleyes:

8. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Ya it's true - my iPhone got dusty the other day, and I took it right back.

GET IT TOGETHER APPLE!

9. amrk47 macrumors regular

:D

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Then you wash it again. You don't go the BMW dealership and demand a new BMW because some kids put fingerprints on it.

The other issues (cracks, light leaks) are valid though, as long as the cracks aren't from abuse.

11. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

LOL

I have minor light leak on my Black 16gb, but I only noticed it when I watched a video in complete darkness so I didn't exchange it.

12. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

Correct but it was my decision to exchange to white because it smudged too much for my taste , just like a black car owner ( the color of the car not the person ) chooses to have black because it gets dirtier faster but they can live with it, it's their choice, I just changed my choice while having a good reason because it was cracked from regular use otherwise I would have kept the first black one. I'm not a person who usually returns things over and over but this is the first time apple has made me.:eek:

13. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

Lets clear something up, its not Apple quality control but rather whatever chinese factory the phones are made in. All Apple can do is complain to the manufacturer.