4th iPhone screen replacement?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KameronBriggs, Jun 3, 2010.

1. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Okay, now this is getting a little out of hand.
    I got my iPhones dust ridded screen replaced at the apple store a mere 2 weeks ago, and now this new screen is messed up again. LCD discoloration, dead pixels, and now 1/2 inch long pieces of lint are under the glass. I can't express enough how annoying it is to go to the apple store every 2 weeks. I drive a big suv, that runs premium fuel! The apple store is a 30 minute drive, and I can hear the engine slurp the gas. They've never replaced the phone, so I think I'm going to say something is wrong with the battery, and get a new phone. I think having the screen replaced 4 + times is a little bit of ********. Anyone else experiencing a similar problem?!
    Thanks!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why dont you call applecare and do it thru the mail instead?

3. KameronBriggs thread starter macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

You can do that??!?
    That's hecka cool.
    But here's the thing. I don't have free phone support anymore, but I am still within the 1 year warranty.

4. nateharr macrumors 6502

You can still call. They will understand that your issue can not be fixed with troubleshooting over the phone and they will be happy to send you a box so you can ship your iPhone to Apple.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, if you're still good to go with applecare then all it takes is a phone call.
    Its not phone support, you're just doing an exchange thru the mail.
    They will give you more details.