4th Issue with MBP, Need Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fily, Jul 27, 2009.

1. fily macrumors regular

fily

First off, I have a late 2007 MBP, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 15 Inch, and I've been having problems recently.

Going by history, I've had a problem with my display that one day decided to stop working (I believe it was the Nvidia problem but the place I got it repaired at stated it to be a logic board problem, not sure if they're related), than my CD Drive stopped working, got it repaired, and than again it stopped working, got it repaired again, awesome.

My most recent problem is my wireless will suddenly disconnect. Whatever, just a loss in connection, right? Well, it'll drop connection and not connect again, not for a while at least. I normally have to shut it off and come back to it after an hour or so and it'll finally work again.

At first I thought it had something to do with my router, but seeing as how my PSP, iPod Touch, 360 and every other computer stays connected and works with the net, it's definitely not my router.

Before I request the real advice, have any of you had this problem before or at least heard of a fix for it? If so, please let me know!

Now for the advice portion:

I honestly feel I was given a defective computer. The CD drive never worked from day one, but being a dumbass that I am, I didn't return it and didn't even send it for repair for months, not until I needed something to burn. The screen, even if Nvidia's fault, still causes it to be a defective computer. The CD failing again is just, like, wow!

Not mentioned above was how my battery was also defective (said by an employee) and they had to send me a new one, as well as my power adapter, it was defective and had to be replaced.

My question is, should I demand a new computer? This honestly isn't even me trying to get a new model. I'd gladly accept the exact same model if they still have any laying around collecting dust. I'm just sick of having these problems, and don't know if I should demand a replacement or not. I'm not normally a hot head and usually speak with out most respect, but it kills me that I got this computer.

Please advice me Macrumors!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Have you asked for a replacement yet?

I wouldn't go demanding one ... but I'd ask firmly.

3. fily thread starter macrumors regular

fily

I guess demanding is the wrong word. I'd request one, as you said, firmly, but with the out most respect. I actually can't bring myself to be an ****** to some I don't know, haha.

And no, I've never before requested a replacement. I don't like being that guy who does that, but it's gotten to the point, I feel it's my only choice since I honestly feel I was sold a defective computer :(.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Then go for it. Explain it to them, if the Genius says no, ask to speak to the manager, if they say no, call Applecare. Just keep escalating it until the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.

5. fily thread starter macrumors regular

fily

I'll have to call actually. The nearest Apple Store is 45 minutes away :(.