4th time.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicheco, May 3, 2009.

1. nicheco macrumors member

so, today marks the day that my 4th iphone 3g bit the dust. first two were cracks in the casing. i smashed the screen of the third one, and i don't know what exactly happen this time. i was outside tanning, the phone was in the shade, and my mp3s started to sound funny. so i look at it, everything seemed ok, so tried to look at my timer. i couldn't navigate anywhere. so i took it inside and looked at it again. the startup apple was on the screen. it's been like that for 5 hours now... hard reset shuts it down, but the same frozen start up problem occures when i turn it back on. did that little amount of heat shut it down for good? if that's true, it's unacceptable. itunes won't recognize it, so i have a genius appointment tomorrow.

2. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Is it jailbroken?

Anyway try this, its called DFU mode and you should be able to restore your iphone using these steps:
    1. Hold the power button and home button for 10 seconds
    2. Keep holding the home button but release the power button and hold for anther 10 seconds.
    3. You should see a screen pop up that says you need to connect to iTunes....
    4. Connect to iTunes and hit restore.

3. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Try this before u go into ur appointment, I'm almost 100% sure it'll work...