4VDC/1/40000003 AHT Error

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by woodrowh, Apr 13, 2009.

1. woodrowh macrumors newbie

On my MBP 2.2 I ran AHT after reading about the failures of the GeForce 8600M GT graphics. I tried the test 3 times and this error always came up
    4VDC/1/40000003: video controller. I have not seen any problems with the MBP yet, will Apple replace it just based on the failed test or will there need to be visual symptoms? I have a few months left before the 2 years for replacement are up.

2. aleni macrumors 68020

they might be replacing it since they acknowledged that there's a problem with the 8600GT they put on.

3. damclark macrumors newbie

4VDC/1/40000003 AHT Error

Had a kernel panic 3 days ago and in the course of troubleshooting it, I ran AHT and received same error as you. Called AppleCare and they are replacing the logic board based on those results. Covered.

4. woodrowh thread starter macrumors newbie

AHT Error

Had logic board replaced, it only took them 2 hours. When I got MBP home I reran the AHT and it came up with a different, another bad logic board that had to be replaced. When I got it back again my serial number did not show up and the slot drive was distorted because they did not get one of the clips right. Took it in again and now everything seems to be okay.

5. iBecks macrumors 6502

Interesting...

May be worth running the AHT test when I get home to see if I can pre-empt a failure.

Did you run the standard or extended hardware test?

6. woodrowh thread starter macrumors newbie

Aht

I ran the short test first, my MBP failed 8 out of 10 times I ran the test.

Then I ran the extended test which took about an hour and it failed. When I took it to the Apple store they ran their own test at the counter to confirm it.

I was suprised when I got it back the first time and ran the AHT and it failed, they must not have tested it theirself.

7. iBecks macrumors 6502

That is really poor, not good a good experience.