5.0.1 and Hacktivation (01.59.00)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NaCl, Dec 27, 2011.

1. NaCl macrumors member

Does redsn0w bypass the activation screen when creating a custom firmware install? If not, what are the steps for those who need hacktivation? I'm on firmware 4.3.2 by the way, unlocked with ultrasn0w.

2. Obese Lobsters macrumors member

I used pwnagetool and I'm stuck at the activation screen currently. I've looked and I don't think that there is a hactivate solution in redsnow

3. NaCl thread starter macrumors member

Does sn0wbreze activate? Maybe update to 5.0.1 with sn0wbreze tethered, then apply the untethered patch through cydia by cr0nicteam. Anyone confirm this?

4. az988 macrumors member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but worst case I think you can purchase an ATT SIM (that's not active with an account) off ebay for a buck or two and activate your phone that way. Or for that matter, borrow a friends ATT SIM card...

5. Obese Lobsters macrumors member

I was thinking that, but I'm waiting for a buddy to lend me his card. I'll let you know if it works

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, all you need is an AT&T sim for a few seconds in order to activate.
    Any old, inactive or even empty prepaid AT&T sim will do the job. Activating officially is way better than hactivating and dealing with no push notifications and many other issues that come up when you hactivate.

7. NaCl thread starter macrumors member

Ok I have an old AT&T sim which reads "no service" when plug into my iPhone. It displays a number if i go to settings. So it's safe to use this sim to activate? I never did it like this before. Thank you for your help.

8. az988 macrumors member

Yep, that's it!

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, you're good.