5.0.1 Jailbroken can't update apps

mota

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
I am running 5.0.1 jailbroken with redsnow on my IP4 and I cant update my apps through the App Store. Anyone else have this problem?

mota

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
They aren't cracked apps, its normal apps like Pandora and Yelp and the games apps I have bought through the store. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I have tried updating the apps through itunes but that still doesn't seem to work either. I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue with this jailbreak or not

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
I suggest using Google. My old iPhone had this problem one time and it wasn't jailbroken. It wouldn't let me download anything. Can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it but Google helped.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
I suggest using Google. My old iPhone had this problem one time and it wasn't jailbroken. It wouldn't let me download anything. Can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it but Google helped.
Only things I found by googling were:

Try rebooting the phone
Sign out from the account under settings and then add it again later
SSH into the phone and delete some cache file

Tried all of the above and so far no luck. I think I might have to restore to 5.0.1

Edit: Actually... looks like it might be my iTunes account itself. My laptop is hanging trying to sign in too

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Only things I found by googling were:

Try rebooting the phone
Sign out from the account under settings and then add it again later
SSH into the phone and delete some cache file

Tried all of the above and so far no luck. I think I might have to restore to 5.0.1

Edit: Actually... looks like it might be my iTunes account itself. My laptop is hanging trying to sign in too
If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure it does have something to do with your account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.