5.0.1 jb, location services on when wake phone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brayhite, Jan 4, 2012.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I've noticed that 95% of the time when I push to wake my phone, my location services are on and don't go off until I either access then close an application that uses it or pull down then close the notification center. This didn't start happening until I jailbroke. Any ideas how to avoid it always being on outside of shutting them off? I'd rather not waste battery on location services when I'm just accessing my phone to text most of the time anyway.

2. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

No one else is having this problem? It seems this jailbreak has been rather unstable. I'm sure everyone will come defend it now but it's resprung itself randomly, and consistently requires a shut down every couple days, if not once a day, because it's either stuck on the lock screen or an app has frozen and it's become unresponsive.

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

In case anyone runs across this in the future, apparently the source is the Weather.app, due to the Weather widget in LockInfo accessing it. It finds weather information each time it's woken, and "dave" from LockInfo said they haven't seen any significant effects on battery life as a result of the location services.

So there's that.

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

So brayhite its doesn't sound like its the jailbreak that is causing your issue it sounds like the apps/tweaks your installing are causing your problems.

I would recommend starting again if your having so many issues and just install 1 thing from cydia at a time... give a few days and if there no issue install something else, that way you'll find out which app your installing is causing you issues and not the jailbreak itself.

5. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think you missed the post where I said I found out the problem. Thanks, though.