5.0.1 May Not Fix My Battery Problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rocko1, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

The update coming out is said to address the idle battery drain by some devs who have tested it. They say it does nothing for the excessive usage drain which is what I have. I can't break the 2.25hrs of usage(email, app store, net). Tried all the usual things, restore, hard reset, turn off this and that. My idle time is great-uses less than 1% per hour, it's just screen on time is horrible. Could this be a hardware issue? Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd try a replacement from Apple.
    My battery dies noticeably faster than I was used to with my i4 but its not as bad as your case.
    I hope there is an actual fix and not just a publicity fix and nothing really changes.

3. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I may do that. Just had a 15 min call with tech support doing all the normal things, turn off wifi, etc. In that time my battery dropped 14%. Not good.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that's nuts.
    Did you try a restore and setup as new after?
    It might be a bug with your backup if you're restoring using one and it might carry over to the replacement if you do get one.