5.0.1 seems to have worked

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by andymac2210, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andymac2210 macrumors regular

I didn't think I had any major battery problems, was getting a full day from a charge with general use, wifi browsing, calls, 3G browsing, Siri requests, general stuff.

Battery %'s would drop off while I was browsing and playing games quite quickly, but I'd still get about a days standby and 6 hours 'use'.
    After updating to 5.0.1 I've been playing games for 20 minutes and browsing the web and I've only lost 1%, I'd normally lose about 5-7% in the same time on 5.0.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I found my battery to be pretty solid under 5.0 so I'm hoping 5.0.1 is even better. I was a little apprehensive about doing the update "on the fly" rather than the old way with the cable and the backup and so forth but all seems to have gone well, albeit somewhat slow. I think the update took over 20 minutes from the time I dug for my charger (so the update would run) to the time I was asked for my screen unlock code.

4. aperry macrumors 6502a

FWIW, on my 4s I've noticed that it takes an unusually long time to go from 100% to 99%. After that, the percentage drops are much more rapid. Hopefully your battery issue is really fixed, but I'll be interested to know how it does over the next day or two.

5. dffdce macrumors member

The update will actually run w/o the charger. I think that's just a suggestion.

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It will only run if your battery is above 50%. If it's not, Apple requires a power source.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.