5.0.1 sucks. How to return to 4.3.3?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by SSpiro, Feb 24, 2012.

1. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

I'm miserable.. Seems very buggy, having tons of app problems etc.

I have my blobs saved. Not familiar with how to use them to go back.. Any input? Can i restore backups from itunes after downgrading?

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Are u jailbroken on 5.0.1? If yes thats why u having so much issue!

3. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

+1.

5.0.1 works great here, four phones in the family. No troubles at all. Jailbreak at your own risk.

I used to jailbreak, but no more.

I'd suggest reinstalling and not jail breaking.

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yeap same here loving all my idevices without jailbreak. Ipad, ipod touch and iphone.

5. Siggen macrumors 6502

I have sevral iOS devices, updated all to 5.0.1 and Jailbroken all of them. No problem here. I suggest using the most recent version of Absinthe to jailbreak. Most if not all of your problems should be solved.

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

No issues on iPad 2 or IP4, both jailbroken, coming from
    4.3.3 some apps might not work on 5+, which happens everytime after a new major release an sub JB, for most apps there are new apps or similar apps that do work on 5+. Absinthe is very stable.

So above statements are false.

@OP

what ipad 2 you have?

Ipad2 wifi only with blobs you can dowgrade by first setting your host files to cydia in the advanced tab in TU, put device in DFU and ALT- (mac) or SHIFT- (win) restore in itunes with stock 4.3.3

iPad2 GSM with blobs can be dowgraded via TinyDFW in win, google on that.

iPad2 CDMA no downgrade possible

7. LiesForTheLiars macrumors regular

You can't revert back through Apple. You should perhaps try restoring your phone again and see if it helps, or wait for a little bit until 5.1 is released.

8. TriJetHero, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012

TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Incorrect see my earlier posting and its an iPad the OP is talking about not a phone.

Your backups will work when downgrading as well

9. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

To answer all the questions above..

iPad 2, Wifi 64GB. It is jailbroken, did it last week with 0.4 version of the Absinthe software. Followed like 15 different guides to get it done.

My problems are with apps (well, and spire isn't working for me either, but whatever). Read this thread which explains it.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1328436

Also, having random issues when i press the home button. One of three things happen:

1) If it is sleeping and I press home, a lot of times random apps will fire up. CNN, Soundclound, Facebook.. whatever. There is no reason as to why, but it just does. I do have nolockscreen app installed, not sure if this is the culprit. It's annoying the crap out of me though.

2) If it is not sleeping, but i'm in an app and press home, sometimes it just won't go. I'll have to press it 3 or 4 times before it goes.. But then it'll behave like I pressed it 3 times consecutively which fires up Multifl0w. Random here, again.

3) It'll function as it should.

The thing is possessed. I'm more annoyed with it, then enjoying it. I had absolutely ZERO issues on 4.3.3.. Only reason I upgraded was because (as mentioned above) some apps are starting to require 5.0.

Also side note, I realize I don't downgrade through Apple.. I'll do it through TU. I was speaking about the app/data backups through itunes, after I downgrade through TU.

Any input guys? Thanks for the help.

10. Siggen macrumors 6502

If he has a 3G capable iPad, he cannot downgrade from 5.0.1 to 4.3.5 because of the basebad has been updated.

11. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

What tweaks do you have installed? Those home button issues sound like a problem with Activator or something, not the OS.

12. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

I have:

Activator
    Infinidock
    Infinifolders
    Multifl0w
    MyAssistant (Spire)
    NoLockScreen
    RetinaPad
    Spire
    SBSettings
    Winterboard

I'll uninstall activator and see what happens. Spire also, since it's not functioning and i dont think i'll use it anyway.

What about the app problems? This is the main problem I have, although I've had that problem in 4.3.3 also. I'm EXTREMELY tired of it.. so whatever the fix is, i'll do it.

----------

Uninstalled Activator, which uninstalled SBS, MultiFl0w.. I also uninstalled all the Spire stuff. Problem is gone. Obviously it was activator, SBS, or Multiflow.

I love SBS. GOing to try and reinstall it and see what happens. I think it was multifl0w, as I never had the problem in 4.3.3 and multifl0w is a new hack to me..

----------

Reinstalled activator, SBSettings.. All is well. Must have been multifl0w.. which is fine. Neat, but didnt need it.

----------

All I need to figure out now, is the app problem.

13. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

Problem resolved. The apps that weren't syncing were doing so because they weren't check-boxed in the app list for the device.

Wheew. Hopefully i'm on my way to a happy experience again.

14. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

It will, that is what TinyDFW was specifically designed for, if you have blobs it will downgrade, it will also upgrade to the latest baseband. TinyDFW is made by notcom, who desigend TU.

Nice, happy times again, multiflow works fine on my ipad2 wifi, no issues.
    Maybe somehow your settings got messed up and uninstalling activator reset things.

15. LiesForTheLiars macrumors regular

I made that same mistake and was scratching my head until I remembered the settings tabs in iTunes

I have horrible reading comprehension today.