5.01 soon folks soon!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tkrechel, Dec 11, 2011.

1. tkrechel macrumors member

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

This is excellent news and props to pod2g on getting 5.0.1 working so quickly. I'm still not updating until the public release of this new jailbreak however.

3. McBeats macrumors 6502a

so happy pod2g is making progress! Was getting a little worried for the JB community the past month with no real updates on the matter.

4. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Loving 5.0.1 on my iPad2. Can't wait (but I will) to get it on my iPhone 4!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Great news.
    Hope they start working on the 4S too.

6. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Psyched that he got it working, but my main concern is 5.1.

A lot of people will be jumping to 5.1 if it's reported to resolve battery issues, once they go through the various beta's to iron it out, and that will trump all.

So I would hate to see the choice battery or untether. I'd have to go battery.

I really hope the same loophole exists in 5.1. Thankfully even if it doesn't their new bug reports delivery method is going to make their JB's so much quicker.

7. speed4tu macrumors member

I am hoping they can untether 5.1 also. I am on 4.2.6 with excellent battery life now untethered with greenpoision and am hesitant to even upgrade to the 5.0.1 when untether comes for it. I don't wanna get back to the android days in terms of battery life. I enjoy being able to make it through the workday without my battery dying.

8. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

My wife has my original iPhone 4 (Verizon as well) and she has no issues w/ 5.0.1 but that may be due to the fact I did a completely fresh install for her since she has never had an iOS device. Her battery life seems pretty much what it was. She uses it heavily for facebook, and a few little games, and doesn't go into the red at end of day. She, like a lot of people, has no issue and I think it's because she has the 4 (not S) and a 100% fresh install w/ 0 backups coming back over the system. A lot of people w/ the 4 can get solid life if they do a non-backup new device install. I feel you, though. If you don't need the iOS 5 adjustments then hold off to be safe.

My phone, though, is the 4S and I'm looking forward to the update. I haven't been able to get 4.2.X life out of it, yet, and am looking forward to when I do get close to that.

9. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

The problem isn't restoring as new, without backuping or anything. It's a glitch in iOS 5. Sometimes the battery drain occur, other's not. I'd an iPhone 4 with excellent battery life, didn't change any of its settings and suddently the battery life is awful. Tried restoring as new, etc, etc. Didn't solve.

Also, an interesting thing I've found is that sometimes (after restoring as new) the Set Timezone (Localization service) is always purple (always active). Others restores (still as new) the Set Timezone was active for some seconds then inactive for days.

10. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

Hi, I still have 4.1 and haven't JB since then, or saved SHSH blobs to Cydia. I read it somewhere that I won't be able to JB to 5.0 and have to wait for 5.01, is that correct? My BB is already locked and can not be unlocked, so if I update my BB will that be ok or do you think an unlock will come up?
    Also when the untethered JB comes up for 5.01 can I JB straight to that from 4.1 or do I have to go 4.3, 4.5 etc.. first?

thanks

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

reading up on the subject helps a lot, if after that questions remain, we can answer those.

There is a lot of information on this forum and google is still your friend.