5.1.1 Jailbreak no service ATT iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rbai63, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Rbai63 macrumors member

I have been running 4.1 jailbreak on my locked att iphone 4 for about a year and a half and decided it was time to upgrade.

I have 2.10.04 baseband and wanted to keep it there for the 5.1.1 update, I used what ever program where it makes a custom firmware off of the 5.1.1 update and your iphones base band to preserve the baseband during the update/restore. I think I chose to unlock it using the firmware which I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem or not.

So I finally got it updated and installed with cydia and all after It finished restoring/updating to 5.1.1, I noticed I had no service and in itunes it shows no phone number in the phone info when it normally did. I installed the latest version of redSn0w and it still wasn't working. I then installed the ultrasn0w fix for 5.1.1 and ultrasn0w but still with no luck.

The baseband is still on 2.10.04 so I have no idea what is going on, and I'm still using my current cell service which is att and the sim is in there too.

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I have no idea why you needed to install ultrasn0w since you are using ATT. Moreover, you can ask ATT and do a factory unlock therefore, it's pointless to preserve your baseband.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Read up on the different terminology.

What program did you use to make a custom IPSW to prserve your BB?
    What is your current BB and firmware?
    Are you on AT&T or do you need to unlock?
    Unlocking is either done by ultrasn0w which only works for the 1.59.00 BB or a Gevey SIM interposer.
    You mean you activated during the jb process instead of unlocking.

Uninstall ultrasn0w and ultrsn0w fixer.

Install SAM, deactivated your phone and reactivate with original AT&T sim.

4. studUS macrumors newbie

did this work for anyone? I got into the same issue after upgrading my iPhone 4 from iOS 4 to 5.1.1 and then there was no signal. the SIM card is simply not recognized. the phone is out of warranty so they won't help me.

and when you get into this issue not being able to use your phone legally with the original AT&T card, you do all kind of stupid things like jailbreaking it and unlocking it, just because you hope you'll make it work again, but after almost a month I am still not able to use it with my AT&T sim card :( help please!

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Either your phone is locked to another provider or it has a hardware problem.

An AT&T locked phone works with any AT&T sim.

Maybe provide a few more details about your phone

6. studUS macrumors newbie

well it did work with the AT&T sim before I upgraded to 5.1.1 at which point it stopped recognizing the sim. I then tried jailbreaking it but that didn't help. It has these details:

version: 5.1.1 (9B208)
    model: MC318LL
    firmware: 04.12.01

I also tried to restore with iTunes but it says the phone cannot be restored

7. TriJetHero, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

To restore it put ypur phone in DFU mode.

Connect USB

Hold power and home together until phone turns off, count another 3 seconds, than release power while holding home for another 10 seconds.

Phone should now show a blank screen and itunes should recognise it as a phone in recovery mode.

Now you can restor your phone.

Did you purchase the phone yourself or get it from internet?

Use this site to check if your phone is locked:
    http://iPhoneoperatorcheck.com/

8. studUS macrumors newbie

This is a regular iphone bought from AT&T and never used with any other sim or owner. It was always mine. It worked fine until I upgraded it to 5.1.1 and now it does not recognize my sim anymore. I was finally able to restore just now and after following the activation instructions on the screen I get this:

"SIM Not Valid.
    Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone."

I see others have this same issue with their own phones but no one seems to have solve it yet. any ideas folks? :(

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

You only see that message when you put a non-valid carrier SIM in a SIM-locked phone.

Any AT&T sim will activate it even old inactive SIM's.

Take it to AT&T or apple.

10. studUS macrumors newbie

what you say is logical and I would have thought the same, but no game. I went to AT&T last time I had this activation screen with "SIM Not Valid" message and they gave me a new SIM which obviously did not work either. so the SIM that I have now is the new one from AT&T. also Apple won't give me another phone because I'm outta warranty :(

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

do you have your SHSH's saved for previous firmwares?

12. studUS macrumors newbie

nope I lost everything including my 200 phone numbers and everything

13. studUS macrumors newbie

I just used a free IMEI checker tool which revealed me this info:

MODEL: IPHONE 4 16GB BLACK
    VERSION: 5.1.X
    IMEI: [not shown here]
    ICCID: [not shown here]
    COUNTRY CODE: USA
    PURCHASE COUNTRY: US (UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)
    WARRANTY STATUS: OUT OF WARRANTY
    ACTIVATED: YES (2011-10-21)
    CARRIER: AT&T USA
    SIMLOCK: LOCKED

any useful info in there?

14. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Yes

it confirms it locked to AT&T

What you can do is call AT&T and have them unlock the phone. They wil do that for existing customers. Call there tech support as you are a AT&T customer they might even unlock it on the spot.