Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Saw somebody say that since 5.1.1 there are new emoji?

Right or wrong?

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
edt

----------

#######################################################################################

and many many more....

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
^ the first, third, forth, and sixth Emoji in that list show up as missing character boxes on my iDevices. (both of which are running 5.1.1).

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I know WP7 have emoji that come up on the iPhone but aren't in the keyboard, like lancastor posted.

PantherCreek

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Settings - General - Keyboard - International Keyboards - Add New Keyboard...
Emoji

Once completed Next to the space bar there is a world icon to switch between your keyboards.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Settings - General - Keyboard - International Keyboards - Add New Keyboard...
Emoji

Once completed Next to the space bar there is a world icon to switch between your keyboards.

Yes but op is saying iOS 5.1.1 brings new emoji. I don't see any such new emoji.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I think the OP is right - as far as I can tell, there are quite a few new stock emoji... or at least, so it seems. Maybe I didn't swipe the screens enough before to realize how many there are, but they're a lot of fun to add. Too bad they only transmit to other iDevices.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I think the OP is right - as far as I can tell, there are quite a few new stock emoji... or at least, so it seems. Maybe I didn't swipe the screens enough before to realize how many there are, but they're a lot of fun to add. Too bad they only transmit to other iDevices.

Definitely no more new ones. You can also send them to WP7 phones.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
I believe he's talking about the built in characters, which you can input anywhere by enabling the Emoji keyboard.

I know and I answered the OP, there isn't in 5.1.1, only the standard emoji.But there is a new version with more icons in the App store. That's what I gather he has heard about.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
What's the name of this app? Does it integrate the new emoji into the keyboard or do you have to copy and paste them?

ElZeus

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
I'm also wondering what the working app name is. The new ones don't show up in my current emoji setup.

FelixTom

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2012
does anyone notice that there's a bug for emoji?
sometimes when switching to the emoji keyboard, all of them disappear
while switching back again, it' returns to normal

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I just did a search in the app store for emoji 2 and there are now emoji apps that will enable the new emoji in 5.1but you have to pay for them.

I don't understand why they aren't enabled automatically when we updated to 5.1?

sandeeproy

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
India
Saw somebody say that since 5.1.1 there are new emoji?

Right or wrong?

Previously(before iOS 5) Emoji had to be enabled via another App. Now you just have to enable it as an additional keyboard.
Check out this link & see under 'Keyboard'-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history#Version_history:_portable_iOS_devices

There are new variants (May 2012 onwards) of Emoji available on the App Store,but mainly for inserting graphic pictures & graphic art into messages.

robbygraz

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2010
Hi!

Since iOS 5.1 there are hundreds of new Emojis implemented in iOS. If someone sends you a message including some new Emojis, your iPhone will display them correctly.

But this new Emojis are not implemented in the standard Emoji keyboard. So you will need an App for that.

For example the Emoji 2 Keyboard - New Emojis App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.