5.1.1 SHSH on Cydia

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
I updated to 5.1 some time ago and saved my blobs manually via RedSn0w. After that, I jailbroke. I'm still on 5.1, but I noticed that the 5.1.1 blobs still don't show at the home screen for Cydia.

In the past, when a new firmware is relaeased, the new blobs have shown up after some time whether I've upgraded or not. Do I have to manually save with RedSn0w each time now? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

yui4

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Uncheck get shsh from cydia in tiny umbrella & they'll show in TU

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I updated to 5.1 some time ago and saved my blobs manually via RedSn0w. After that, I jailbroke. I'm still on 5.1, but I noticed that the 5.1.1 blobs still don't show at the home screen for Cydia.

In the past, when a new firmware is relaeased, the new blobs have shown up after some time whether I've upgraded or not. Do I have to manually save with RedSn0w each time now? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!
They will show up when Saurik updates his server/Cydia settings

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
They're saved, they're just not displayed up there yet.
As long as you have them locally too you dont have to worry much.
Thanks - and thanks dhlizard.

Just wanted to be sure. I'll likely be skipping 5.1.1, so I can't save them manually w/ RedSn0w (that I know of), but I do like to be sure that I can downgrade to any/all firmware later if needed (i.e. the 5.0.1 vs 5.1 scenario where only one had a tethered JB/any JB).

Thanks!

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
You can save them by using Tinyumbrella.
Any way other than that? I don't have it installed on my mac, and I'm putting it off until I need it for a JB, etc. I prefer my experience w/ RedSn0w over my experience w/ TU... Weird, I know...