5.1.1 Update Recovery Mode Problem! Please Help!

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Zorkov, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Zorkov macrumors newbie

Alright so let me preface by saying that I usually keep my iPhone plugged into the wall because when my computer goes to sleep it doesn't continue charging my iPhone, which can be annoying as I charge my iPhone over night.

So, today I decided to put some of my new music onto my iPhone. When I opened iTunes, I was prompted to update my iPhone and iTunes. I accepted and the update began to download. This was the first time I synced my iPhone since March, and it seemed to be doing fine until it suddenly stopped, telling me that the update had failed. My iPhone is now as it was after the update failed: in recovery mode. Now iTunes is telling me that I must restore my iPhone for it to work once more

The issue is that I have pictures and messages and notes and things that I've written since March that would be gone if I choose to continue and restore my iPhone. I really would prefer not losing all of the data that I have gathered on my iPhone since March, as much of it means a lot to me.

Is there any way I can recover the data on my iPhone or create a backup right now, while it is in recovery mode? Or even get it out of recovery mode? I really need help on this one.

2. zainiak macrumors regular

hold power and home for a while and it should reboot out of recovery mode then hook up to itunes and backup. then update and restore that backup. hope this helps!