Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TyleRomeo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2002
New York
how can you get your stereo songs from itunes playback in all 5.1 speakers with a m-audio revolution sound card?

I have a Promedia Ultra 5.1 set up and I only get sound out of the front two speakers. I just want stereo out of all of them. Is there some sort of hack for this?

Tyler

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
you hit the nail on the head. "stereo song" that means 2 channels of audio not 6 channels. the way most people do it with mp3 is open it with an audio editor that supports 5.1 and they by hand make the song 5.1.

there is software and hardware to do this automatically as well. it doesn't sound as good thought, in my opinion. your ears may have different taste that mine. its all subjective. i have haven't not seem anything on the mac to do this, but i must admit i have only been a mac user for a short time.

as for as pc hardware, creative labs makes some equipment. for standard recievers, i'd have to check, but my gut tells me sony has a reciever that will do it but i am not sure. hopefully someone reading this can fill in the gaps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.