Resolved 5.1 Beta Help

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
So I bought a used iPad which came with a 5.1 beta a couple months ago. Well now it appears that beta has expired as the iPad is requiring activation and I can't get it to communicate with Apple's servers or my computer to do either a restore or a reset. Can anybody help?

Last edited:

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
So I bought a used iPad which came with a 5.1 beta a couple months ago. Well now it appears that beta has expired as the iPad is requiring activation and I can't get it to communicate with Apple's servers or my computer to do either a restore or a reset. Can anybody help?
hmm have you changed the server on your computers itunes so you could restore an iphone using saved shsh blobs??

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
Find the IPSW of the 5.1 GM and update or restore to that. You can update by holding the option key while clicking on "update" in iTunes. I believe it's the shift key in Windows.

zign

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
London
I downloaded the ipsw file and then used that to restore it then everything was good from there.
Sorry it took me so long to say thank you. Haven't visited the site in a while and only just got the notification about your reply. So yes, thank you :) I in the end tried updating instead of restoring and that worked just fine.