5.1 update from 5.1 betas

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by buryyourbrideau, Mar 7, 2012.

1. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Has anyone been able to successfully update from a beta 5.1 build from the dev center to the GM seed?

Trying via iTunes and Software Update on the phone produces nothing.

Also, in the dev center, there is no link for the GM seed nor any of the betas.

I've been on the 5.1 beta 3 since January and the radios it uses are terrible.

2. Bigmoose153 macrumors newbie

you'll have to download the GM seed from here or at least thats where I got it from and then restore via iTunes. Works fine.

http://ios.e-lite.org/

3. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Actually, just put my phone into DFU mode and iTunes pulled the update down.

Success!

4. BlendedFrog macrumors regular

Next question....has anyone been able to successfully restore from a backup? Mine updated just fine from b3 to gm and then appears to have restored normally from last nights icloud backup but it's not downloading any apps. Everything has the black bar like it's waiting to download.

5. oester macrumors member

I had the same issue, try rebooting your phone.. kicked it free for me.

6. BlendedFrog macrumors regular

It's not allowing me to agree to the T&C so it won't download anything. When I tap on a app it says that the T&C have changed and I have to agree to it before I can do anything. So I tap ok and usually it goes to a second screen but it's not doing anything. I have tried setting up as a new device and then restoring again but nothing. Any thoughts.

7. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

didnt work for me either.....apps are stuck halfway between start and end.