Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hargobind

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
KC, MO
Guys,
If your phone just departed from Zhengzhou, China on UPS, it is on this plane, it is going to depart from Zhengzhou International Airport to Anchorage, Alaska.

This is the only Anchorage bound flight scheduled form Zhengzhou as of now!
Go to this link!

It is Flight GTI8528 via Atlas Air!

Just putting in my 2 cents...

I'm guessing that this is it as this seems to be the only departure from Zhengzhou to Anchorage in a while and it is really close to the 5:15 time on UPS.

Just thought I'd pass this on!

Last edited:

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Guys,
If your phone just departed from Zhengzhou, China on UPS, it is on this plane, it is going to depart from Zhengzhou International Airport to Anchorage, Alaska.

This is the only Anchorage bound flight scheduled form Zhengzhou as of now!
Go to this link!

It is Flight GTI8528 via Atlas Air!

Image of the plane...no wonder it's huge!

Just thought I'd pass this on!

That is one phat plane!

Gaura Mohana

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
Gainesville, FL
My phone's on this flight too! But I have my doubts about this picture... I know you got it from flight aware but still - I wonder why they put the dreamliner into service for iPhones - normally it carries B787 fuselage parts. I can't imagine why Boeing would let it be used for UPS flights.

Hargobind

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
KC, MO
Remember, the 5:15 departure on UPS.com was when the boxes were physically scanned, so the flight is going to depart soon...

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
According to my track number it's already in anchorage. Is this for people not getting their phones til after the 19th?

HiItsMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
My phone's on this flight too! But I have my doubts about this picture... I know you got it from flight aware but still - I wonder why they put the dreamliner into service for iPhones - normally it carries B787 fuselage parts. I can't imagine why Boeing would let it be used for UPS flights.

Money.

Gaura Mohana

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
Gainesville, FL
I'm seeing from multiple sources that 5Y-8258 departed at 5:10. How could they have scanned them after departure? Unless they had a portable scanner, scanned the pallet that our phones are on, came back to the office, and uploaded the scans into the system a little later?

TahoeDust

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2010
I'm seeing from multiple sources that 5Y-8258 departed at 5:10. How could they have scanned them after departure? Unless they had a portable scanner, scanned the pallet that our phones are on, came back to the office, and uploaded the scans into the system a little later?

Bingo

Hargobind

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
KC, MO

Idk, just putting in my 2 cents...

I'm guessing that this is it as this seems to be the only departure from Zhengzhou to Anchorage in a while and it is really close to the 5:15 time on UPS.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
That is one phat plane!

I note you said "phat" versus "fat".

The latter goes to the Airbus 300-600ST: the Beluga.
83e3406b851facda1a368b95de98f6467cdd3e60

Airbus makes good aircraft, but bloody hell, if this doesn't look like a cross between an A300, Herman Munster, and a Conehead.

BL.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
In the description it shows:

Boeing 747-400

I think it is the same as the one a pilot publish a photo in this site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.