5.25" external enclosure

yippy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I searched and most review and advise are on 3.5" enclosures.

Anyway, I was wondering if this would be a good case. I plan on just throwing in a spare HD I have in it to begin with for backup purposes and eventualy getting a DVD burner to put in it. I am going this route because I am a college student and money is tight.

Anyone know if it has an Oxford 911 chipset in it?

Thanks

yippy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
That is a little more than I was planning on spending, but I do plan on keeping it around for a while. I may go for it, have to think on it.

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
Hey I purchased this drive about 2 months ago. I used it with my iBook g4 and it worked flawlessly. I put a nec dvd burner in it and it hooked up with toast perfectly. I strongly recomend this as opposed to the other more expensive ones. It may not look as good but it works. I have burned around 30 dvds with it and never had a problem. Purchased both the drive and the enclosure from newegg and never looked back. go for it. :)

Edit: I am also a college student so to get an external dvd burner for around 100 bucks you can't beat that. :p

Edit 2: Here is the burner I purchased with it. Again, both work perfect.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I think I will be going for the Bytech (that is what you two were talking about right?)

Now if only Tiger would be released.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.