5 & 5c replacement lcd/screen with digitizer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by badwx25, Jan 16, 2015.

1. badwx25 macrumors newbie

Looking to replace some cracked screens. I've found many replacement screens on amazon and ebay. Though reviews aren't great. Anyone recommend any sites that have good quality replacements? I've boughten other parts from iphone4parts.com but I'm unsure about their lcds.

Thanks

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

I see your location is NY, if you're in nyc, Jackson heights has a ton of cellphone repair shops. I fixed my blackberry back in the days for dirtcheap and they did a great job. Might wanna check the local craigslist for listings as well . I'd rather do the repair locally but thats just me

3. nox5 macrumors 6502

4. badwx25 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm looking to do it myself.

----------

Grade A lcd from where?

5. cymolia macrumors 6502a

6. badwx25 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Evmanw macrumors regular

Evmanw

I have purchased this screen for a 5S and a black one for the 5C from the same seller. The 5C screen is nice, no noticeable differences really except for the camera and proximity sensor plastic brackets are missing. When replacing the 5C one, it was fine and did not matter, but the 5S may have a small problem with the proximity sensor because this clip is missing on the new screen. I broke the old clip while trying to transfer it from my old screen. Overall, though, that screen was great.

8. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

There are a lot of reliable distributors with good prices, but you generally have to have a repair business to get the better prices.

9. Slimmyhendrix macrumors regular

I bought a few off eBay. Make sure it's us location seller. It's usually 7/10 screens are good. 3/10 don't work or have issue.