5 & 5c replacement lcd/screen with digitizer

badwx25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2015
new york
Looking to replace some cracked screens. I've found many replacement screens on amazon and ebay. Though reviews aren't great. Anyone recommend any sites that have good quality replacements? I've boughten other parts from iphone4parts.com but I'm unsure about their lcds.

Thanks

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL
I see your location is NY, if you're in nyc, Jackson heights has a ton of cellphone repair shops. I fixed my blackberry back in the days for dirtcheap and they did a great job. Might wanna check the local craigslist for listings as well . I'd rather do the repair locally but thats just me

Comment

badwx25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2015
new york
I see your location is NY, if you're in nyc, Jackson heights has a ton of cellphone repair shops. I fixed my blackberry back in the days for dirtcheap and they did a great job. Might wanna check the local craigslist for listings as well . I'd rather do the repair locally but thats just me
I'm looking to do it myself.

----------

Ask for grade A lcd
Grade A lcd from where?

Comment

Evmanw

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
I have purchased this screen for a 5S and a black one for the 5C from the same seller. The 5C screen is nice, no noticeable differences really except for the camera and proximity sensor plastic brackets are missing. When replacing the 5C one, it was fine and did not matter, but the 5S may have a small problem with the proximity sensor because this clip is missing on the new screen. I broke the old clip while trying to transfer it from my old screen. Overall, though, that screen was great.

Comment

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
There are a lot of reliable distributors with good prices, but you generally have to have a repair business to get the better prices.

Comment

Slimmyhendrix

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
MN
I bought a few off eBay. Make sure it's us location seller. It's usually 7/10 screens are good. 3/10 don't work or have issue.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.