5-7 days for shipping realistic?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DesmoPilot, Apr 28, 2010.

1. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

About to pull the trigger on a 15" i7 with a hi-res anti-glare screen. Is the 5-7 shipping days realistic or would I be waiting longer due to the arrandale shortages?

EDIT:I don't know if I can justify the $450(CDN) difference between the low end i5 and the i7 =/

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It won't ship for 5-7 days, then it will take the regular shipping time you pay for. The 5-7 is the longest it will take. If demand is high enough for a particular BTO, they may just make them ahead of time and be able to ship quickly.

TEG

3. c.e.p macrumors newbie

I ordered mine 8 days ago and it still hasn't been shipped.

I think this has happened to a few people on these forums, But they still end up getting it within the specified shipping/arrival dates.

4. King Apple macrumors regular

King Apple

It takes apple a few days to prepare the macbook pro for shipment, and then from there it takes a few days to ship to your house

5. choco macrumors member

choco

I ordered mine last week Monday (4/19) and only just got confirmation in the wee hours of this morning that it has been shipped. According to FedEx, it's still in Shanghai.

I read in another thread that they are arriving the day before the last anticipated day of arrival so, hope that helps.

6. c.e.p macrumors newbie

I am counting on this :)

7. paulpet macrumors member

5 - 7 business days folks! Not 5 - 7 days..

I ordered my 15", i5, HR glossy machine on the 20th, and it looks like it will ship today (prepped to ship) or tomorrow at the latest. That is within Apple's advertised time frame for shipping.

8. c.e.p macrumors newbie

I completely forgot about this! that means i'm on day 6 not 8 :) So they're not late with prepping the MBP yet..